Lincolnshire Rural Support Network

Investing In Volunteers

Helpline 0800 138 1710

Facebook Twitter


Farming Organisations
  • CLA (Country Land & Business Association):  A membership organisation for owners of land, property and business in rural England and Wales. The CLA is dedicated to defending the interests of landowners and is an independent and authoritative source of advice.
  • Lincolnshire Agricultural Society: The Society was formed in 1869 with the objectives being: “The furtherance, welfare and progress of the Agricultural Industry and all professions, trades and crafts connected therewith”. Today, those objectives are more important than ever and since 2005 the Society has had the additional focus of sustainability and protection of our natural environment for the benefit of future generations.

  • Lincolnshire Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs: A rural youth organisation that is open to young people between the ages of 10 and 26yrs who live in Lincolnshire.
  • NFU (National Farmers Union):  The voice of British Farming providing professional representation for their 55,000 members.
  • RASE (Royal Agricultural Society of England):  Committed to communicating groundbreaking technology for the benefit of agriculture. To be the independent voice for the interpretation and application of science and best practice that seeks to optimise agriculture and food resources to ensure a secure global future.
  • TFA (Tenant Famers Association): Provides dedicated advice, information and support to the agricultural tenanted sector in England and Wales.
Other Help and Support
  • Agricultural Christian Fellowship: The Agricultural Christian Fellowship (ACF) is open to all Christians in all branches of Agriculture, Horticulture and related activities. It exists to help them to make a Christian response to the many blessings, challenges and problems they face.
  • ARC – Addington Fund: Provides homes for farming families living in England and Wales who have to leave the industry and by doing so will lose their home, and also offers emergency grants in times of hardship.

  • Arthur Rank Centre: A registered charity supported by the Churches and the Rank Foundation to serve the rural community and its churches.

  • Citizens Advice: Help people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice, and by influencing policymakers.

  • Connect to Support Lincolnshire Connect to Support is an online, telephone, email and live chat service. Telephone (0300 303 8789) and live chat are available Monday to Friday 2 pm - 7 pm and Saturday 10 am - 2 pm.

  • Farm Community Network: FCN provide pastoral and practical support, to any and all in the farming community who might one day need them, for as long as it is needed – helping people to find a positive way forward through their problems.
  • Farming Help: A partnership of the Addington Fund, FCN and RABI- confidential help for all in the farming community

  • Lincolnshire Chaplaincy Services: Promotes "the physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing of the inhabitants of Lincolnshire" focusing particularly on the provision (though not exclusively) "of ecumenical Christian chaplaincy and pastoral care to places of work, education and leisure".
  • Nottingham Rural Support: NRS is dedicated to providing free volunteer support to walk with farmers and others who are experiencing a crisis or are unable to cope in their life or business
  • Lincolnshire Counselling: Lincolnshire Counselling and Mediation Service is a charity offering professional counselling and mediation services to the Lincolnshire community. Our counsellors are all volunteers and we work within the Code of Ethics of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
  • RABI: The national farming charity, operating throughout England and Wales with central operations are based in Oxford, with regional officers in both the welfare and fundraising departments working at a local level.
  • Voluntary Centre Services (Lincoln): Supports volunteers and voluntary and community organisations across West Lincolnshire. VCS offers help to anyone wishing to set up a group, funding advice and access to news and networks in the voluntary and community sector and deliver a programme of volunteer management training which is available for anyone who finds themselves with responsibility for volunteers.
Radio Stations: refer to farming programmes
Statutory Farming Bodies
  • Defra: UK government department responsible for policy and regulations on environmental, food and rural issues with priorities to grow the rural economy, improve the environment and safeguard animal and plant health.
  • Farming Advice Service (FAS): The Farming Advice Service (FAS) is a service funded by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) to help farms meet the requirement of the single farm payment, protect and enhance the environment and increase business efficiency.

  • FWAG: The national FWAG Association represents local Farming & Wildlife Advisory Groups (FWAGs) across the UK. These groups have helped British farmers for over five decades by providing trusted, independent environmental advice.

  • Natural England: Natural England is the government’s adviser on the natural environment providing practical advice, grounded in science, on how best to safeguard England’s natural wealth for the benefit of everyone.

Waynflete Charitable Trust has been helping LRSN for several years now.  We are particularly interested in helping organisations/projects based in South Lincolnshire. We provide funding for the training of both volunteers and staff employed by charities and similar organisations, as well as supporting local charities and projects with core day to day costs, an area which is so vital, but not always easy to secure funds. We are pleased to be able to continue to support LRSN with their casework and training costs.

Michael Worth

Talk to us on our helpline:

0800 138 1710